Who can serve on a commission?

4 of the 5 members of the Planning Commission must live within the City limits. The other seat may be held by a non-City resident who is familiar with the issues of the community.

Film Commissioners are not required to live within City limits but shall have an interest in promoting, encouraging and assisting filming activities in the City.

A minimum of 4 of the 5 Parks Commissioners must live within the City, and no more than one member may live outside the City limits but must reside within Ventura County. There are also 2 student representatives who must be between the ages of 14 and 19 and reside within the boundaries of the Fillmore Unified School District.

The Active Adult Commission consists of 5 members who must be residents of the city and at lest 50 years of age, one of whom shall be a councilmember who may be under 50 years of age.

Show All Answers

1. What are the City’s Commissions and Citizen Advisory Groups?
2. How do I apply to serve on a City Commission/Citizen Advisory Group?
3. When do I apply?
4. Who can serve on a commission?
5. Who do I contact for more information?