What should I do if I encounter a panhandler?

DO answer requests with a firm NO.
DO report illegal activity by calling 911 or non-emergency number at (805) 654-9511.
DO treat homeless with respect.
DO offer information where they can get help, dialing 2-1-1.
DO make donations to local organizations helping homeless.

DON’T encourage panhandling by giving money, food, etc.
DON’T allow anyone to camp or loiter on your property.
DON’T assume you’re making a difference when you are giving; you may be hurting, not

Show All Answers

1. I submitted a concern or complaint regarding an encampment established by persons experiencing homelessness on public property. Why hasn’t the City removed the person? Why hasn’t the encampment been r
2. Does the “Boise: Court case apply to all land in Fillmore? What about private property?
3. Do Police generally arrest people for being homeless?
4. Isn't homeless a form of trespassing?
5. Why shouldn't I give money to someone on the street who needs it?
6. What causes homelessness?
7. What is the City of Fillmore doing to address homelessness?
8. What is a Trespass Enforcement Authorization?
9. What should I do if I encounter a panhandler?
10. Where should I report illegal activity?
11. Where should I report illegal activity?