FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
City of Fillmore Launches New CivicPlus® Website that Offers Convenient Resident Access to Self-Service Features and Greater Transparency
FILLMORE, CALIFORNIA – January 20, 2023 – The City of Fillmore has partnered with CivicPlus®, a provider of integrated technology solutions exclusively for local governments, to launch a new, mobile-responsive, highly-functional civic website. CivicPlus’ content management system will allow the City of Fillmore to accomplish goals of greater transparency of documents and data for residents, increase resident engagement by offering more dynamic content and more timely news, and improve administrative efficiencies by implementing a website with resident self-service features through its set of robust features, well-designed layout, and functionality.
According to Assistant City Manager, Erika Herrera-Terriquez, “our website is the first impression many people have of our City. It also is the portal that allows community members to connect with local government from any location, at any time of the day or night. Our site is one of the most powerful tools we have to keep the public engaged and informed, which is why this redesign is integral to our overall community outreach efforts.”
The City’s primary goal during the redesign process was to create a more valuable, user centric and responsive resource across all platforms and devices. Specifically, Staff wanted to focus on making it easier for users to learn and locate valuable information about the City.
Many key features of the new website can be accessed directly from the new dynamic homepage that includes a “How Do I” tab that takes community members directly to the information they need. Among the improved website features are:
- A mobile-optimized design that ensures citizens can easily navigate and interact with content from any desktop computer, smartphone, or tablet, anytime and anywhere.
- The highest data security standards that are backed by a team of cybersecurity experts.
- A site that meets ADA Compliance.
- Alert Center functionality allows website administrators to alert citizens with time-sensitive information and instructions using multiple channels, including the website homepage, social media, and email.
- Notify Me® Citizen Communication Subscription feature allows citizens to subscribe to receive multi-channel notifications on only those topics that matter most to them. Citizens can choose to be notified by email or text message.
- Calendar functionality allows citizens to stay informed about the scheduling of important local events, including public meetings, classes, activities, community events, and other valuable opportunities for engagement.
- The Agenda Center allows for the storing, sharing, and searching of public meetings and agendas and enables citizens to remain informed and engaged in public policy and local issues.
- Intuitive search functionality and navigation menus make it easy for citizens to locate what they are looking for from the homepage.
The City would also like to thank the following residents for their contributions to the photos used for the website development:
- Cynthia Clapp
- Ruth Nevares
- Jan White
We hope residents and visitors to our area find the new website helpful and easy to access information about the city and benefit from the links to other community groups and organizations that make the City of Fillmore a fine place to raise a family and a dynamic location for businesses.
Please visit the new website at www.fillmoreca.com and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Name: Erika Herrera-Terriquez
Title: Assistant City Manager