Request for Proposal / Notice Inviting Bids
Request for Proposals / BIDS
The City of Fillmore utilizes PlanetBids™, a fully automated web-based vendor and bid management system. The system simplifies engaging in business activity with the City by providing a searchable online database of current bid opportunities in an easy to use, secure and reliable environment.
- Vendors will find that the key features and benefits of BidsOnline™ include the ability to:
- View solicitations including documents, addenda, drawings, bid results, and contract awards online.
- Register as a vendor and manage your profile online. (available to subcontractors, suppliers, plan rooms, etc.)
- Receive automatic email notification of bid opportunities based on category code selections made during registration.
- Download documents at no charge (requires registration) resulting in inclusion on the "Prospective Bidders" list for the project.
- As a Prospective Bidder, submit questions in the bid management system and receive automatic email notification when responses or addenda are issued.
- Submit bids electronically (hardcopy of bids or proposals may also be required).
If you have any questions regarding the system's features, please click on Help for assistance or contact the Administration Department at 805-201-9623.
Vendor Registration Process
Only vendors that are registered will be eligible to do business with the City. Simply click here to begin the registration process. Once you have successfully completed the registration process, you may immediately select the Bid Opportunities tab to view active, closed, and awarded bids.
The email notification feature of the PlanetBids™ system is driven by the Buyer's selection of need-specific category codes. Therefore, during the registration process, you will be asked to select category codes and are encouraged to choose all codes (20 maximum) that fully reflect your services and/or merchandise for sale. View or print the current category code list (PDF) used by the City of Fillmore.
It is also advisable that you include in your vendor profile the email address for an alternate contact who will receive the City's email notifications. Following registration completion, you will receive an email confirmation. You may wish to save or print this email since it contains your username and password. If you do not receive this confirmation, it may have been delivered to your junk email file due to firewall settings.
Forgot Username and/or Password?
After registering, if you misplace your username or password, click on "Forgot Password" at the PlanetBids™ log in page and enter your email address. Your username and password will be emailed to you.
How to Obtain Bids
When you receive an email notification about a business opportunity, you will need to take the following steps in order to review the solicitation details and any documents associated with a bid, request for proposal (RFP), or request for quote (RFQ):
- Clicking on the project title link in the email notification will take you to the Bid Information page.
- Review summary information to determine your interest in the project.
- If interested in a project, further action will require that you log in to download or submit a bid.
Be sure to review or download all documents associated with a specific solicitation including Terms and Conditions, General Provisions, or sample Agreements. It is the vendor's responsibility to obtain the most complete and current version of the bid documents issued as a result of any addenda.
Bids are due on/or before the due date shown in PlanetBids™. The bid management system will not accept late bids. Bidder may begin bid submission at any time, save information, modify or withdraw bid up to the bid submission deadline. Bid information entered is viewable only by the bidder.
Upon receipt of first award with the City, the vendor will be required to provide a completed IRS Form W-9. Additional documentation such as Certificate of Insurance and Contract will be needed before a Purchase Order can be issued.